Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Increase your vocabulary special! Today's word: seigniorage

Another stab at the U.S. one dollar coin, eh? I like using them, but still don't think they'll catch on here for everyday use unless we eliminate the one dollar bill. Based on the article, everyday use isn't necessarily what the U.S. government is aiming for, rather tapping into the collector market similar to the U.S. quarter series. Create and insert your own joke about the U.S./Franklin Mint joint venture here.

Click on this post's title for the article. Good luck, Phil.

2 Comments:

Blogger Philip Young said...

CNN is good. I can always get to their news articles.

Dollar Coin? The only benefit I see to a dollar coin is with vending machines. I imagine it's easier to outfit a vending machine to take a dollar coin than a paper dollar. Also, since almost all vending machines I've seen give out change in coins, a dollar coin would be helpful.

Other than that, I don't see much use.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Peter Young said...

A dollar coin, great. Now if only the Coke bottles in the vending machine at work were only a dollar instead of $1.25...

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home