Friday, May 06, 2005

Putting a fork in Texas

Checking out mostly new releases this week: Nine Inch Nails, Ben Folds, Mudvayne. Also listening to plenty of Andrew W.K. for some reason. I just love the nut!

Got back into town on Monday after being in Texas for a few days. The Harley rental process was a pain. It started out with well-intentioned, but untrained, employees from other departments trying to run the rental desk. Once we got through finding the reservation and filling out paperwork, etc., that's when I was told that not only didn't they have the bike I reserved, but they'd rented out all of their bikes and the scramble to put me on something ensued. Bottom-line, got a slightly different version of the model I wanted, a wonderful ride for the day, a discussion with the rental manager when she returned to the office the next day, and a reasonable discount for my trouble.

The rest of the trip was great. Lori and I had a fine time at the Cubs/Astros/Maddux/Clemons game. The Denton Arts & Jazz Fest rocked as usual.

The bowling year finally wrapped up. I was very pleased that I finished averaging 212, a personal best for a winter league average. Now it's time to be getting ready for summer - planning a few weekend rides and some projects around the house.

2 Comments:

Blogger Philip Young said...

Excellent average for the season. Are you doing any summer bowling?

Also, are you listening to the new NIN cd? I got is this week and I think it's pretty good. In my opinion, it's a refreshing change from his last few albums. I liked The Downward Spiral and Fragile, however I thought they were better when you got to listen to the whole thing instead of just picking a song or two. With Teeth seems to have some good stand-alone songs on it.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

No leagues this summer. Maybe some practices.

I like the new NIN disc a lot and agree with you - I hear more singles on this disc than I did on the last two.

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home