Sunday, October 02, 2005

Driving in a Pod

Nothing about new music today, but about new-to-me music. Lori picked up a Spike Jones box set recently and we've been going through it over the last several days. Fast, loud, obnoxious, irreverent - very cool and the sound on most of the tracks is quite good. Highest recommendation.

Changing topics, the link from the title will get you to some information on a concept vehicle shown recently in Japan, I believe. The article makes a couple of points about the car, but I'm fascinated by the concept of the driver/passenger area being a cockpit/pod thing with the ability to spin. Either side of the car can operate as the front/back. No need to back out of a parking space, just get in, spin the pod around and now you're pulling out forward. I love the idea of this, even though I can't think of many really useful reasons to have this function.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home